Thursday, July 21, 2016

Fun with Filters

The first picture I worked on you can't really tell what I did with the smudge- it's weird because when I was doing it, it looked really drastic. I also applied the waves filter under animation. I did a lot with the dodge and burn filter as well. It was too dark after I worked on it so had to lighten the entire flower area. I really LOVE the smudge tool though- very neat.
 

 
For this second photo, I didn't want to change too much; gave it some texture using the newsprint option under the distort filter. Again, changed the lighting a bit with the hue-saturation option. I'm not sure how I feel about this photo- I like it, but something else needs to be done I just can't figure out what! I kind of wanted it to look more splotchy with the green hue.



Working with these filters really allows you to alter a picture and it was really cool to see how many things you can change. I'm sure there's a filter for every photo! :)

4 comments:

  1. You're right, it is hard to tell the difference, but there is some subtle differences. The green leaf and the purple on the petal looks darker in the altered photo. Very beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time figuring out the dodge and burn tool. I used Gimp also, and it seems less user friendly than Photoshop.You did a good job using the dodge tool to lighten the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work on these! I like to hear that you are experimenting and already finding what you love. Yes, there is a filter for every photo and within every filter there is an infinite amount of adjustment you can make. These programs are absolutely amazing and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the second shot of the iris. GREAT JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete