Thursday, July 14, 2016

Light and Color Photo Adjustments

 
 
(Original)

In this photo I edited the photo filter to bring out a darker purple in the flower. I also selected the mosaic tiles texture and like how it came out looking like a blurry painting- almost a watercolor! I can see myself using this texture for prints on stationary :)
 
(Original)

Here I went under brightness/contrast and selected soft light, then deep red and loved how that came out. I kept playing around with a few more tools/selections, but found it hard to remember what I used- I even tried writing it down, but kept crossing things out when I found it didn't work! But this was fun to see how many things you can do to a photo by changing the light/color/texture.
 
It's kind of funny that once I started playing around with the light and color adjustments, I wondered why I even thought the originals were good photos. It's crazy how these minor adjustments enhance the photo so much and is more aesthetically pleasing! 

10 comments:

  1. I love the alterations you made to your photos. In the first picture the purple flowers definitely stand out more than the original. The second photo is just all around a much better photo! So vibrant! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the picture of the chicken turned out much more vivid than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the chicken, the original photo looked a little washed out but the adjusted one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that you tried to write down your steps and then find yourself backtracking to go down another path. This means you are exploring and trying to find a way to satisfy your creative self. It is an endless journey. The key is to just keep playing with the tools. Great work on these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a nice job with these photos. The first one takes a little bit of time to look at it to really see the big difference but I love how you enhanced it to look like a watercolor piece. Also enhancing the chicken's colors looked awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a nice job with these photos. The first one takes a little bit of time to look at it to really see the big difference but I love how you enhanced it to look like a watercolor piece. Also enhancing the chicken's colors looked awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first photo is great. I like how you emphasized the color of the flower. I think this was very successful. The second photo is also well done with the way you changed the color. It almost makes the chicken look fake, or more like a painting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chicken photo - love the crispness of the photo. I also like the dark purple color in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chicken photo is lovely! I love how the contrast makes the color of the chicken really pop. The sharpness of the texture is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chicken photo is lovely! I love how the contrast makes the color of the chicken really pop. The sharpness of the texture is really nice too.

    ReplyDelete