Monday, June 6, 2016

Compare & Contrast One Object, Many Views


I was really surprised to look back through all the pictures I took of this one white chair and not being able to select my favorites as easily as I thought. I liked all the of the angles I was able to capture. I chose the first picture because of the lines of the chair being so neat from just above the object. I also really liked the defined texture the seams of the chair has and how the light is streaming in from the corner which creates another line along the fabric. This picture was my favorite because of how the lines, shading and light all look together on such a small portion of this chair.
The second I chose because who doesn't want to be in this chair? I was able to capture more surface area of one cushion by having my camera on the surface edge. I really liked how close the shot is from the cushion and how it's so centered. Also the light was perfectly in the center as well, so just a very uniform picture. Being a white chair, it only seems fitting to have such clean lines.

4 comments:

  1. Having to choose is one of the most difficult things to do in photography. Especially since we can take so many photos without incurring any extra cost, relatively speaking. Choosing is very subjective. Choosing establishes your relationship with the work. If you came back and chose again a week later, they might be different. This is the beauty of art and it is the opportunity we have in front of us every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time picking my favorite photos for this assignment as well. Its not an easy thing to do! My personal favorite from the pictures you've posted is the view from above the chair. Its simple and its a perspective we don't get often. I like your idea of taking something so simple that we see every day and forcing us to look at it in a different way! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I am captivated by the second photo. It makes the chair look extremely welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - I like these. By abstracting the the chair you emphasize it's almost voluptuous nature.I also really like how in the second picture you can see the texture of the cushion in the foreground but it fades into the distance

    - Michael

    ReplyDelete