Friday, June 17, 2016

Lighting

I took pictures of my wooden ampersand decoration in quite a few different lighting situations; mostly with natural light indoors. I found I didn't get the pictures I wanted with indoor natural light and lights turned on together. I had fun trying to find some creative lighting! Here are my favorites:
(This was the only picture I took that worked with the lights on and natural light- I liked all the shades of white)

(This is with no lights on and the sun setting through the window)

(This is natural light streaming through a door with no other lights on)

(This was my favorite-- light from the freezer, kind of getting dark outside but no indoor lights on)

(This was natural light with no other lights on)
(This is outside with the sun setting behind it)
 

7 comments:

  1. absolutely excellent! Thank you for showing how many different ways one can approach the subject. It is really hard to pick a favorite.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I really like the photo where your object is on a chair and the sun set is shining through the window. I really like how the ampersand stands out against the shadows.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the photo with the sun setting through and the last photo of it outside with the sun setting on it are the two strongest photos. The photos you took here looks like a beautiful advertisement for the decoration. I really like how many lighting situations you took into play here. Shows dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I like the second one down from the top the best and I like your last photo second. I would have waited a few more minutes after the sunset to get a picture. Really amazes me just moving an object around and how the light impacts the object so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No lights on and the sun setting through the window is my favorite, it's very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your lighting assignment turned out very well. I think the different lights definitely gave the subject different moods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The monochrome ones are my favorite, but I'm really impressed by the range you got here.
    - Michael

    ReplyDelete