Thursday, June 23, 2016

Rule of Thirds

I had a hard time finding an object I really wanted to take a picture of. I probably just need to just change up my setting but these were the shots I liked the best. I definitely think the photograph showing the rule of thirds is more "artsy" and interesting, but I like the one straight on better because of the two wood textures being so centered behind the flowers. I can understand why someone would use the rule of thirds and will be giving it another shot ;)

4 comments:

  1. I had a hard time deciding what to take a picture of using the rule of thirds as well, but I think you made a good choice. I really like the color of the flowers. I agree that the first photo is more visually appealing due to the centering of the two wood textures. I think if you took the thirds photo at the same angle as the center photo, the thirds would be just as appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Peonies are beautiful and I do find the shot following the shot that follows the 3rd rule more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second shot using the rules of thirds as well! Beautiful color and looks like it is straight from Pinterest! Really great job here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting presentation.

    Don't over think your photography. It's not like we are using film anymore, just go out and make more photographs. You can always delete them. Pick any object and use these tools that are being introduced to you to experiment with. By taking thousands of photos you will eventually discover what makes you excited to photograph and how you like to photograph.

    ReplyDelete